Published: February 2013
Price: Please login to view
About this report
This market report reviews the UK pest control industry. It quantifies the pest control market size and historical growth rates while probing key factors behind these figures and exploring segmentation of the market and drivers of profitability.
It also carries out an in-depth analysis of the relevant drivers of industry growth – in particular the macroeconomic environment and factors which determine volume and price for pest control work – setting out historical trends and forecasts.
The forecast for industry growth is based on this analysis of historical trends and growth drivers.
Why is it useful?
The UK pest control market has continued to grow through an uncertain economic period with changes in regulation and working practices.
We believe that, in order for those involved in the market to make the best decisions in this complex and changing environment, they need to have access to the best information and understanding of the trends and drivers. The aim of this report is to provide this.
It is intended for pest control companies themselves, as well as investors, banks, analysts, consultants and other parties with interests in the sector.
What are the sources and methodology?
This report is based on
– Publicly available data including company annual reports, websites, press releases and government statistics
– Interviews with service providers, customers and pest control market experts
– In-depth analysis of the macroeconomic environment and relevant market drivers
– Our own experience of advising companies and investors involved in the pest control and facilities management industries, both in the UK and elsewhere in Europe
Information from these sources has been synthesised and presented clearly and concisely with extensive use of charts and tables to illuminate points and support conclusions.
Executive Summary Please login to view
The UK pest control market – 5
Pest control market definition
History and regulations
Impact of regulation on the market
Customers and contracts
Pest control market size and growth – 9
Pest control market size & growth
Market drivers – 13
Discussion of market drivers
Drivers and their impact
Characteristics of the market – 19
Entry barriers and accreditation
Competitive landscape – 21
Forecasts – 26
Outlook for market drivers
Pest control market forecast
Risks to the forecast
Appendix – 31
List of figures (UK Pest Control Market Report)
1. Pest control segmentation by type of work / % of market value
2. Pest control market segmentation by type of customer / % of market value
3. UK pest control market size / £m
4. International comparisons: pest control market size relative to population / £ per head
5. Profitability of pest control operators / EBIT margin %
6. Revenue per technician / £’000
7. UK GDP in current prices (money GDP), inflation (GDP deflator) and real GDP / % annual changes
8. UK Inflation: Consumer price index and GDP deflator / % annual change
9. UK population growth: historical and forecast / millions
10. UK GDP in current prices (money GDP), inflation (GDP deflator), population and real GDP per head / % annual changes
11. UK food manufacturing turnover, purchases and gross profit / £bn
12. Number of restaurants in the UK / thousands
13. Number of hotel rooms in the UK / thousands
14. UK food retail sales / £bn
15. Density of new residential starts in England / dwellings per hectare
16. UK pest control market shares / £m
17. Pest control provision by local authorities
18. UK GDP in current prices (money GDP), inflation (GDP deflator) and real GDP / % annual changes. Historical and OBR 2012 forecast
19. UK Inflation: Consumer price index and GDP deflator / % annual change. Historical and OBR 2012 forecast
20. UK population growth: historical and forecast / millions
21. Outlook for market drivers
22. UK pest control market forecast / £m